Legal Aid Lawyers in Peterborough - Energy law for the emerging world of energy markets is our company's specialty. There are many challenges in addition to new opportunities for our firm to help assist our numerous clients in taking advantage of this new world. Our energy law group provides a comprehensive array of legal services to global and national energy clients. We serve everybody from start-up companies to major corporations. Whether your company offers solar energy technology or more traditional forms of energy generation, both have complex transactional needs. We provide sound and practical advice and representation drawing on a depth of understanding of the legal, economic, and political issues involved in energy matters.
1. Related to the field of renewable/alternative energy technologies, we can help with new developments in wind, fuel cells, solar, hydropower, biofuels, biomass and geothermal. In the case of the solar energy trade, we act for users, developers and manufacturers in preparation of tax matters, development agreement, land and roof release, legislative and regulatory matters, commercial arrangements and financing agreements with investors with investors as well as regulatory and legislative matters;
2. We are involved in energy efficiency demand management and cogeneration projects in industrial, institutional and commercial contexts, including construction, financing and engineering problems;
3. We offer suggestion to private and public entities in respect of new statutory requirements to complete energy plans, and their land use plan integration;
4. We help to structure and negotiate joint venture arrangements for energy projects, and can assist in project financing, transfer and licensing arrangements, and acquisition;
5. We provide services to assist within the initial stage commercialization and financing of clean technologies;
6. We assist with compliance and approval with new energy and environmental law requirements (comprising carbon management and disclosure);
7. We help to protect, commercialize and create intellectual property rights;
8. We could help in venture capital opportunities, private equity, initial public offering opportunities;
9. We represent clients at hearings before agencies and regulatory commissions about issues like for instance "leave to construct" applications for both gas and electricity infrastructure, licensing, setting of rates, creation of independent transmission companies, approvals, compliance matters and permitting
10. We could help the boards of directors and other senior management regarding certain problems comprising corporate governance and disclosure, environmental stewardship and liability matters, climate change, changing regulatory matters, and, where appropriate, helping in representations to governments.
Click to Download the pdf